Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes...(or Are They Grown?)

Elizabeth came to me to ask for a "wipie." When I asked her why she needed one, she replied, "Don't worry about it. I just need to clean up my mess. It's fine." I tried to hide my smile/laughter as I thanked her for her honesty and for being so responsible, and followed her to the crime scene. The boys followed, too, (probably b/c someone else besides them had made a true mess) and were quite eager to assist during the discussion. Before I could open my mouth at all of the "yogurt drink" on the floor (not just spilled, but in a very obvious "shaken" pattern) my twin "holier-than-thous" chimed in.
Clark: "E-LIZ-A-BETH! You know better than to bring this into the living room."
Foster:" I don't appreciate this. I just cleaned the floor yesterday, young lady." He even had the furrow in his brow that is quite genetic :). (Oh really? I don't seem to recall my 3 yr old with a mop. Hmmmm?)
Elizabeth-"You woo-wy about you. I woo-wy about me."
And in her best/cutest face, with hands in the air-she clapped for herself as she cleaned up her mess. "YEAH! I cweaned up to help the fam-i-ly!" All we could do is smile and hug one another! Too funny!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

This would be hilarious if I were not experiencing the same mini Momm & Daddy's at my house these days!!!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

This is such a cute post;) Made me smile.... by the way, where did you get the chart in your post below for Bible verses for misbehavior.. I got to get one!!! Please e-mail me at barbieposteluk@juno.com to let me know:) Thanks

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home