Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Spend Half of My Life...

I frequently think "I spend half of my life..."doing whatever the task is at the moment. While I know no more than 2 "halves" can REALLY make up my "whole" life, it seems appropriate to continue the drama that frequently appears in my home. Here are a few of my recent thoughts.

I SPEND HALF OF MY LIFE:
  • finding the treasures my children (and husband) have deemed necessary to accumulate ,but not empty, from their pants' pockets. Change, chapstick, kleenex, rocks, toys, etc.
  • looking for the OH SO IMPORTANT "Limbola" (E's lovey, the polar bear), C and F's light sabers (realize that there are probably 10 of them around here and the SPECIFIC ones they want change every night----yoda's, Luke's, Mace windu's, etc.) They "need" this every night before they go to bed.
  • saying that if this stuff was so important ,you need to be keeping up with it/you need to get this before you get in the bed/keep it ONLY in your bed if it is so necessary (All the while still looking for them 4-5 nights per week)
  • spraying SHOUT on stains (no wonder Clark is thin---does ANYTHING really get in his mouth?)
  • in a bathroom (wiping, snapping britches, brushing teeth, wiping, wiping, wiping, wiping, wiping, washing hands, reminding not to turn the water on full force, saying "did you flush")
  • biting my tongue so I don't bust out laughing at many a funny question/dance movement/statement/wardrobe choice/fall/expression
  • wondering how I explain some really good questions like--c-Mom, will God ever ask Dad to sac-wi-fice me like Abwaham and Isaac?, e--when Jesus was a baby, his name was Jesus but as He gwew up, his name was God da' Father, wight Mom? Jesus is really God's son but He's God, too----wight? f--Are we flying over Iowa right now Mom? (He asked this as we were flying to Minnesota b/c they had just been talking about missionaries in Iowa.)

While I AM laughing at my simple, yet quite busy life, I wouldn't trade places with anyone else on the planet (well, at least not for more than a few hours :) )

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home