Friday, January 25, 2008

Tales From the Table

There's been a lot of talk around here lately about GAS. If any of you know my husband, there's ALWAYS talk/laughter about the subject, but the conversations about it have increased drastically, PEAKING tonight at the table. The disappointing thing is that the boys initiated it on their own without Matt's assistance.

They were talking about a little boy in their class that uses "potty words", but "we're not allowed to say potty words, right Mama?" "Right Foster." F-"but Mom, I like using the 'b word' and the 'f word' in my head, but I don't say it out loud."
C chimes in---"Yeah, the 'f word' isn't appwopwiate, right Mom. We can't say that. Other people say the f word, but we can't. I think the 'f word' is funny, but I don't really say it."
F-"Me, too. What does the f word really spell Mom?"

I know what 'f word' they're talking about, but how can I answer his question (AND put an end to all of this) while not dying laughing? I can't even look at Matt b/c I know he's about to loose it (literally---we're in the middle of eating dinner!!!!!!!) I explain that they are talking about the word "fart", and while it IS silly, it is still not okay to talk about at the table.

As Matt adds to my very self controlled parental statement that this talk is not okay outside of our immediate family, Foster leans over to one side (one cheek that is :) ) and lets the toots RAPID fire. Like on command over and over again!!!!!!! (and just so you know, deep down I know Matt is EXTREMELY proud)

Matt tries to correct him but is quickly belly laughing when Clark says, "Hey bro! Did you just bust a grumpy????" Sheer, total,uncontrolable laughter erupts at the table. My bbq sandwich "escapes" my mouth, Matt has to push back from the table to bend over laughing, and of course BOTH F and C have to repeat their funnies. It was hilarious!!!!! "Busting a grumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Where in the world did that come from?

I'm sure I should be bigger/more mature than giggling like a 4 year old about the 'f word'/toots/rapid fire/busting a grumpy/breaking wind/etc, but it still makes me laugh!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cooks said...

Fantastic! Please know that "busting a grumpy" will definitely be incorporated into the language of the Cook household!

Blessings!

Jason (Amy, like you, Lorann cannot give official motherly consent to this comment, but Matt and I are allowed fatherly enjoyment of this type of thing)

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home