Sunday, September 07, 2008

Absolute Forgiveness

Yes-it's been forever since I "wrote"anything down here, but I just have to journal about one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I understand that many of you (if anybody really reads this)may not struggle with TRUE forgiveness---not the "oh, it's fine but in the back of my brain I'll never forget you did that " type forgiveness, but the forgiveness that truly forgives. I certainly do, and my better half might be saying AMEN as I type this.

Anyway, tonight our youngest (19 months) was walking around the living room in my high heels (quite a common occurrence around here :) ) She was prancing and stepped on E's toes by accident, and REALLY hurt her (I know this not by the volume of E's cries-DRAMA-, but the red marks left across her foot. ) J just looked at her then the beautiful thing happened. I told J to say "I'm sorry" to E (which she isn't able to verbalize yet) and she reached up to stroke E's arm very gently. She then leaned in to hug Elizabeth and so delicately patted her on the back.
I melted for three main reasons-
1)When J first came here 4 months ago, she bit E several times,pulled hair often, and would pinch when angry. That certainly has lessened, but we still talk about how hands are for loving, softly touch the other person's arm,etc, every time it DOES happen. This time she did it on her own! Such a blessing to me to tangibly see more of the tender fruits from precious baby girl! She is being transformed by His love TO love others.
2)It was also beautiful so see forgiveness sought and offered. What a great reminder to us grown ups, too.
3) I loved the way E forgives! So earnestly, so quickly, without conditions, and very generously. She doesn't need to point out how she's been wronged, the gravity of the error, or the extent to which she was hurt. Forgiveness asked, forgiveness given. So simple, yet how often I make it so difficult.

Thank you Jesus for paying the ultimate price for my hope. Thank you for making it possible for my sins to be forgiven, to stand before the Father because of your great love. Please help me not make it so complicated, between you and I and myself and others. Thank you!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger We've Got Scents said...

Thanks for your very sweet comment on my blog.
Hopefully I can add to this frequently.
I'd love to add your link to my blog, but only with your permission!
My in-laws live in Birmingham..they are 98 and 93! Have a wonderfully blessed weekend.
Kaye
kaye@jackaye.com
www.engravedeuniques.com
www.kkskreations.blogspot.com

5:08 PM  
Blogger The Cooks said...

I always love your blog posts. And I didn't even know that you had adopted your fourth. Lord willing -- we would love to adopt someday. Congratulations!

Thanks for this post on forgiveness. I was just talking to a friend the other day about how we desire grace and forgiveness from others yet we are so unwilling to give it at times. Oh dear, I'm just so glad for the hope of the Gospel.

Hope you guys are well. We would love to see you -- if we are ever in your neck of the woods. : )

8:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is a really beautiful story!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home